PROGRAM MIGRATIONThe migration of the programs will be done depending on the base and target programming language with the following tools:
- CoJaC (COBOL to Java Converter): This tool accomplishes the conversion of COBOL programs into Java. CoJaC converts embedded, static SQL statements to dynamic SQL statements. A Java runtime system contains methods for managing the database access and connection, for reading and writing data into host variables and for error handling.
- C2C (COBOL to COBOL Converter): This tool converts COBOL programs from the dialect of the basic system to the dialect of the target system. Thereby the adaptation of incompatible commands or interfaces (e.g. file interface, middleware etc.) can be realised according to customer's requirements.
- T2C (Tal to C/C++ Translator): This tool realises the conversion of TAL (Tandem Programming Language) into C/C++.
- T2P (TACL to Perl Translator): For the conversion of the TACL procedures (Tandem Advanced Command Language) into Perl the T2P tool is available. The generated Perl scripts use a runtime system, which emulates important features of the basic system.
FILE AND DATABASE MIGRATIONDuring the migration, the data files used under HP NonStop are transferred into database tables. In coordination with the customer Enscribe, ISAM and possibly also SAM files are migrated with our tool FiRe automatically. The table structure is derived from the record structure, which is defined in the COBOL programs. The runtime system encapsulates the database access and provides methods for mapping the COBOL statements for file processing.
If there exists already a database, so we also offer the possibility of an automated change of the database system including a dialect migration of the existing SQL statements.
MIDDLEWARE MIGRATIONThe middleware (Pathway/Tuxedo) can be replaced by our tool MidaS. Middleware is used among others for controlling the dialogue programs, information exchange and user management. MidaS is designed as a Java Web Service with a SOAP interface. It emulates the required middleware functionality in the migrated COBOL or Java servers: encoding/decoding and forwarding the message, coordinating of the call sequence of the dialogue programs and masks and session management. MidaS can act as a standalone program. So it is not mandatory to use an application server such as WebSphere or JBoss.
Alternatively, we also support an automated change to another, commercial middleware product.
MIGRATION OF REQUESTERSThere are several options for migration of requesters developed in SCREEN COBOL, any of which can be carried out according to customers' requests:
- Automated migration: The requesters can be converted automatically by our tool MaTriX into Web-2.0-based user interfaces.
- New development: The requesters can be newly developed corresponding to customers' requests, e.g., as JavaServer Pages.